Timothy J. Wilson
Email Address: email@example.com
Areas of Practice: Workers’ Compensation
Education: Morehead State University, B.A., English with Distinction, 1977; Morehead State University, M.A., Education, 1978; University of Kentucky, J.D., 1982
Bar Admissions: Kentucky, 1982; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 1983
Professional Memberships: Kentucky Bar Association; Kentucky Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section; Kentucky Workers’ Association (KWA), Kentucky Workers’ Association (KWA) President June 2015 – July 8, 2018
Awards and Certifications: Best Lawyer’s in America, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019; Kentucky Super Lawyers, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018; US News & World Report Best Law Firm, 2011-12, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018; Top Attorneys in Kentucky, 2012, 2014; Martindale-Hubbell BV Rating; Kentucky Worker’s Compensation Task Force 2016
Professional History: Managing Partner, Wilson, & McQueen, 1987 – present; Attorney, John Kirk Law Offices, 1985-1987; Attorney, Johnson Law Offices, 1982-1985; Reading Specialist, Southern Ohio Correctional Facility, 1978-1979
Background: Tim Wilson is the senior and managing partner of Wilson & McQueen, a firm that Mr. Wilson started in January, 1987. Mr. Wilson received undergraduate and graduate degrees from Morehead State University and his law degree from the University of Kentucky in 1982. The firm of Wilson & McQueen engages in the practice of workers’ compensation and personal injury law, and is noted to be one of the leading firms in claims litigated. For over 31 years, Mr. Wilson has practiced exclusively in the field of worker’s compensation and has participated at various levels of the workers’ compensation system, including his assistance in writing proposed legislation and administrative regulations and has presented in numerous seminars over the years. The firm of Wilson & McQueen has been recognized as a Tier 1 “Best Law Firm” by US News and World Report. Mr. Wilson has also been recognized by Super Lawyers in both the field of workers’ compensation as well as in the corporate counsel edition. He has litigated an estimated 3,500 cases through the Kentucky Workers’ Compensation system including many appeals at the Kentucky Court of Appeals and Kentucky Supreme Court.
Successful Appellate Decisions Litigated by Tim Wilson
- Leeco, Inc. v. Asher, Kentucky Court of Appeals, 919 S.W.2d. 232 (1996)
- Harlan KY VA Coal, Inc. v. Baker, Kentucky Court of Appeals, 957 S.W.2d 728 (1997)
- Bluegrass Regional Mental Health v. Teresa Bellamy, Kentucky Court of Appeals, No. 2010-CA-000522-WC, rendered 3-11-11.
- Brian Gregory Sizemore v. Leslie Resources, Inc., Kentucky Supreme Court, No. 98-SC-785-WC, rendered 2-18-99.
- Renovared Energy Resources, Inc. v. Jeffrey Riley, Kentucky Appeals Court, No. 2006-CA-001067-WC, rendered 12-22-06.
- Kentucky River Regional Jail v. Richard Dillion, Kentucky Court of Appeals, No. 2013-CA-001794-WC, rendered 4-11-14
- Chris Miranda v. Centimark/Cincinnati Flooring, W.C.B. No. 2008-88797, rendered 4-2-14