The attorneys of Wilson & McQueen, PLLC have represented injured people across central, eastern and western Kentucky. This section contains a few of the recent cases our attorneys have successfully resolved for our clients.
- $1.34 million settlement in work site negligence case. Masonry contractor had suffered L1 burst fracture with resulting spinal cord damage and hemiparesis.
- $1.5 million settlement in automobile accident resulting in disc surgery and failed lumbar fusion
- $1,027,379 jury verdict in medical malpractice case involving failure to timely diagnose renal cell cancer. Jury verdict had been preceded by confidential settlements with two physicians and the hospital.
- $382,729 jury verdict in motor vehicle accident case resulting in nonsurgical soft tissue neck and back injuries
- $242,000 settlement of injuries arising from work-related motor vehicle collision. Outcome represented combined settlements of workers’ compensation claim, automobile liability claim and automobile underinsured motorist claim.
- Recent victory in an appeals case: Kentucky River Regional Jail v. Richard Dillion, Kentucky Court of Appeals, No. 2013-CA-001794-WC, rendered 4-11-14. Sustained the right of a worker to receive workers’ compensation benefits as the result of inhaling second-hand cigarette smoke.
- Recent victory in an appeals case: Chris Miranda v Centimark/Cincinnati Flooring, W.C.B. No. 2008-88797, rendered 4-2-14. The Workers’ Compensation Board affirmed the administrative law judge’s order awarding $182,000 in caregiver services to the injured workers’ ex-stepfather.
- Confidential settlement in medical malpractice case involving delayed diagnosis of breast cancer
- Confidential settlement in medical malpractice case arising from brain injury and subsequent death of 21-year-old expectant mother who had undergone emergency cesarean delivery while in diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)
- Confidential settlement in medical malpractice case involving death resulting from overdose of morphine while the patient, a chronic back pain patient, was in hospital receiving morphine via PCA pump
The above represents a small portion of Wilson & McQueen, PLLC’s many successful outcomes. Each case we accept is different, and results in one case are not a predictor of the same result in a similar case. The attorneys of Wilson & McQueen, PLLC use the experience of past cases to better represent the interests of our clients.